I came across this little poem in a little shop. It makes me smile in its simple, yet profound way and may it make you smile too :-)
One day in my thoughts,
I walk with you hand in hand,
You said there are things that you just didn't understand
How high is the sky...what makes it so blue --
And you said to me what does God look like to you?
And I said,
"He looks like a rainbow just after the rain
He is as golden as a wick dancing over the flameHe looks like a star when the night's crystal clear
He looks like a baby when mother is near
His face is like the moonlight reflected on snowHis hair is like a garden where all flowers grow
His heavenly eyes are as calm as the sea
You see, that's what God really looks like to me.
His heart is like a mountain so vast and so strong,
That's why all His children have room to belong.
His smile is the morning you are awakened to see --
And most of all, friends like you
are what God looks like to me."
I've often wondered what would it be like to see Jesus face to face in heaven. When we sing "Beautiful Saviour", I wonder if I can ever catch my breath while beholding the beauty of the Creator of the universe. Yet, this child-like poem help me to realise that Jesus has been revealing His beauty to me in daily little things that lift up my soul and make my heart sing. Sometimes, beauty doesn't have to come in grandiose and breathtaking ways, it may grow and blossom right in our daily paths, like the wild flowers swaying cheerfully in the breeze, waiting quietly for us to stop, notice and gaze in delight.
Thank you Lord for your gentle and humble ways with us. May we open our eyes to see and our hearts to rejoice in your wondrous gifts.

No comments:
Post a Comment