
Have you ever felt like being like Superman or Spiderman--with a secret identity through which you can be all that your heart yearns to be as a child--a hero, a warrior for justice and peace, a symbol of noble power and sacrifice, a banner of hope and a future for mankind? Yet without the burden to be all that 24/7, you can whoosh through the air and bash baddies in the night, and wake up in the morning rush and disappear into the crowd of anonymity.
Yes, you can attempt all those great things and be the hero (or heroine) of your dreams. Live like there is no tight schedule, squashed bus rides, peak hour surcharges and ERP. Yet, you can still falter and stumble, wind down and be a normal human being. Your true worth remains intact behind the mask. Or at least you know there's something heroic and essential to the world dwelling right within you, even when your bosses shake their heads in disapproval in the day.
But we are not meant to live life in compartments. And often, the reward for doing something good, is to be given something good and harder to do. And interesting enough, the more you want to be just and fair, the more you are brought face to face with your own flaws, weaknesses and poor judgement.
I glad I'm not a superhero, and I do have a Superhero. He has come to save us from our selves and to find our true selves back. By the grace of God, I am who I am. I can attempt great things for God, and what a joy it is to know, that I can fail... In Christ, I have room for mistakes, because, unlike the world, its Conqueror sees the heart, not just the results.
And I am glad that 'the Lord isn’t looking for superheroes. He uses those of us who are flawed and frail, so that He can show His strength and grace. He wants those with a willing and available heart.' (http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2008/11/08/devotion.aspx)
Thank You Lord for accepting me for who I am, and working in me to fulfill the wonderful destiny of becoming like Christ one day--complete and lacking in nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment